We are born at a given moment in a given place and like vintage years of wine we have the qualities of the year and of the season in which we are born. Astrology does not lay claim to anything else. - C.G.Jung.


Beware Fortune-Telling Astrologers

Before I began studying astrology, I didn't know much about it other than what you can read in newspapers on Sun Signs, nor was I particularly interested in learning more about it at the time the following story unfolded. However, I loved mathematical principles and was fascinated by the possibility that numbers could affect the way energy functions, so I gleaned odd bits of data on the science of Numerology.


One day while haunting my favorite metaphysical bookstore and surfing books on numerology, a woman browsing the astrology section asked me....do you do numerology professionally? No I answered, but I do think having a go at it for someone could be fun ....why do you ask? Saying I'm a professional astrologer, she wondered would I be interested in bartering mutual reads? We agreed on this and after deciding with a coin flip that she would read first, we set respective appointments.

Thinking this is going to be a fun experience, I arrived on the appointed day looking forward to my reading. Somewhere I 'd heard to have a horoscope read a person needed to know their birth time and as she had not asked me for it, I pointed out that I didn't know mine. Tossing her long blond hair behind her back she laughed and said I don't need it, I've cast one for your birth date. Psychic shivers ran up and down my spine and although my warning bells had begun to ring, I let this spider lead me to her parlour, arm around my shoulder. Still, I was not prepared for the horror that unfolded over the ensuing hour.

To my questions, this woman adlibbed answers in astro-jargon that made my head spin. I'm not easily impressed and taking note of that fact, she lurched my drifting attention back with ...Your husband will die shortly after his 55th. birthday. In shock, but mesmerized I continued to listen to a string of predictions that would leave a depressed person wanting to jump off the nearest bridge, spew forth from her callous mouth. You phony bitch!! I screamed on my way out as she yelled back...You don't believe me eh! Well just you wait and see! I'm psychic and I'm always right! Tell your friends about me because I could use the business.

She was dead wrong on every count... but....Sadly, she isn't the exception to the rule in this profession. There are many men and women, with or without a quickie 10 lesson course in astrology, who hang out their shingles and profess to be experts in this field.

Filed under | ∞ |
 

Tag Cloud

flickr photos